Constructed in 1914 in the Beaux Arts Classicism style, this brick, terra cotta, and stone landmark continues its longtime function as a transportation hub even as the structure's previously underutilized space is being rehabilitated for use as public and private event space.
In rediscovering the original architectural integrity and beauty of this train station, the project team worked to identify the historic composition of spaces and materials. We restored them where possible, while complementing them with contemporary materials and design elements.
A dramatic, newly opened space, continuing from the grand stair to the west façade and establishing visual connectivity with downtown Dallas, Reunion Tower, and the Trinity River, serves as a pre-function reception area. The refurbished Grand Hall is the keystone of this project, hosting gala events while building new memories.